Velaro is a browser-based live chat solution that is dynamic and proactive by bringing in some business tools and productivity features.
There’s clearly a convenience to live chat software that voice just doesn’t have. With modern technology, we can overcome language barriers at least sufficiently enough to communicate, though perhaps not always elegantly so. This allows us to overcome the problem of misinterpreted inflection, accent and dialect effectively enough to make the world work pretty smoothly. On top of this, we can communicate much more privately this way. It’s also easier to keep consensual logs for review when they’re in text form, due to no need for constant playback and review nor transposition.
Obviously, beyond the applications of easier, more convenient and private casual communication, this sort of technology has quickly become integral for tech support, business correspondence and the like as well. There have been a ton of chat programs over the years, with SaaS-based platforms being the newest trending innovation in model delivery.
- Customization – Implement full branding of your interface, introduction messages and overall theme, along with customizable surveys, shared canned messages and much more. This allows you to provide strong brand and corporate identity right out of the gate, which is more important than some people might think.
- Click-to-chat – We’ve all seen those neat little floating objects on websites that can be clicked and we’re instantly chatting with an agent. Velaro offers this with additional dynamism and can even bypass a lot of script prevention extensions in several browsers.
- Massive Integrations – Integrate social networking, CRM solutions, accounting software, performance management features and much more for a unified solution for sales, customer service and support. Take advantage of document management-compliant reporting and analytics which allow you to model A/B testing for better strategies, and even integrate email marketing for greater reach and customer retention that can’t really be matched by a lot of competing solutions.
- Visitor Monitoring – Ensure quality control and obtain some serious metrics from your support staff with easy-to-use, intuitive visitor monitoring. Track UX too as the API extends across the breadth of the site to see where visitors spend a lot of time, what they click, in what order, and what retains their interest. This allows this software to step beyond just being chat software—it’s a marketing and customer relations powerhouse especially when paired with solid CRM and customer journey frameworks.
- Sales and Conversion Tracking – Extend these analytics even further with visually-modeled sales and conversion tracking that’s designed to industry standards.
Amazingly, Velaro actually lists their two standard plans, feature add-ons and limitations with their prices. They offer three plans: small business, professional and enterprise—the last one requiring a quote. This is because it’s customized and honestly can’t predict a flat price ahead of time.
The problem is, while Velaro is powerful and very feature rich, it’s also pretty pricey, with a per-user pricing model that means a large staff using this framework would get pretty expensive. Even the small business plan isn’t cheap, so you’ll want to plan on this being a core part of your CRM and support infrastructure from the start, to eliminate other, redundant expenses from vestigial software, lest this become too fiscally impractical for your small or medium business’ budget.
If you plan accordingly, though, your total solution toolchain won’t be that impacted, but again, make sure you do plan accordingly.