ArchiCAD, by GRAPHISOFT, is a CAD software product that brings your architectural and engineering ideas to life. The computer-aided design software (CAD) brings vast 3D model template libraries and content packs that accelerate your projects, allowing you to visualize your builds before breaking ground. It also gives you the power to collaborate with team members on projects and analyze models for efficiency and compliance.
ArchiCAD can be installed on Windows and Mac workstations and is available as an app for Android and iOS mobile devices.
Who Uses ArchiCAD?
The program is used in industries such as architecture, engineering, manufacturing, education, hospitality, telecommunications, design, and IT.
- Documents: This system promotes a more professional workflow through comprehensive document creation capabilities. You can generate detailed 2D and 3D models with specific construction information that ensures everything is built correctly the first time.
- Template libraries: You can streamline your models with vast content packs of pre-built objects and models that help you get your next project started quickly. Templates include models for furniture, plants, and a wide range of building structures such as walls and plumbing for a more successful and efficient modeling experience.
- Visualize: ArchiCAD helps you bring your models to life with a practical pre-visualization suite. It comes with a sketch render tool that roughly previews your models and a photo-realistic rendering engine to give you a clear picture of what your project will look like upon completion.
- Analyze: The platform contains an analytical toolkit that helps optimize efficiency. An environmentally friendly energy performance tool tests the energy consumption of your building plans, which will save you and your clients' money in the future. In addition, a practical quality assurance feature tests your buildings for compliance with a wide range of safety features for total peace of mind.
- Collaborate: A comprehensive collaboration toolkit helps you work with your colleagues. Real-time chat capabilities allow you to collaborate with team members, while instant notifications let you know when something requires your attention. All of your work is synced across all environments, mitigating the amount of costly repeat work required.
The vendor has editions of the program listed online; they offer a commercial license and an educational ArchiCAD for students. Other than that, they do not have any specific pricing information on their website. You can contact the vendor online for more information regarding the program and pricing; they also offer a free 30-day trial to new users.
ArchiCAD allows you to collaborate on architectural and engineering 3D modeling projects in order to maximize design efficiency, but is it suitable for your organization?