Chief Architect Overview
Chief Architect is a CAD and 3D modeling software suite product that gives you complete control over your commercial and residential floorplans. The computer-aided design software (CAD) enables you to fine-tune every aspect of your building design with smart materials, appliances, and furniture objects. It also comes with a robust site plans and terrain module for total landscaping capabilities and helps you aggregate your construction documents for a more organized and streamlined work environment.
Chief Architect is available to use on Windows and Apple desktop and laptop computers.
Who Uses Chief Architect?
Businesses use the design CAD software product in industries such as architecture, home building, real estate, banking, design, and hotel management.
Chief Architect Features
- 3D modeling: The system assists you in your floorplans with a practical 3D modeling module. As you create walls in your blueprints, the program automatically creates 3D walls to accelerate the process. You can also render your projects in a photorealistic manner or add artistic flair with filters like line drawings or watercolors for complete 3D modeling functionality.
- Building design: A comprehensive design toolkit gives you the power to design high-quality buildings down to the finest detail. A series of automatic and manual tools enable you to create layouts, add materials, and animate dynamic camera movements that provide you with convenient walkthroughs.
- Interiors: Chief Architect comes with an extensive smart objects library that you can utilize to fill your 3D models. It allows you to easily add elements such as appliances, furniture, cabinets, countertops, and flooring. This feature saves you time and money by helping you quickly preview a multitude of design elements in your floorplans so that you can find the perfect furnishings for your building interiors.
- CAD tools: The professional home design software enables you to draft blueprints to your exact specifications. It comes with drafting tools like lines, arcs, and solids for total drawing functionality. You can also copy lines, reflect objects, and replicate models from the system as well in order to create the exact blueprints required for the job at hand.
- Site plans and terrain: Chief Architect helps you to bring curb appeal to your properties with a comprehensive terrain and landscaping toolkit. A robust library includes elements such as sidewalks, roads, and plants so that your buildings are just as engaging outside as they are inside.
- Construction documents: Complex construction projects can quickly become a disorganized mess of files and documents, which is why Chief Architect aggregates your records into a central repository. You can keep all of your floor plans, contracts, invoices, permits, and more directly within the software, making them quickly accessible as needed.
Chief Architect Pricing
The software is available for a one-time fee, or you can take advantage of the vendor’s “rent to own” plan of monthly payments. More specific details are listed on the product’s website, where you can also find a free trial of the program.
Chief Architect is a fully featured CAD and 3D modeling software suite, but is it right for you?