MicroStation is a computer-aided design (CAD) and 3D modeling software product that enables you to create detailed 3D models for construction, architecture, and manufacturing workflows. A series of comprehensive 3D parametric modeling tools help you create life-like physical models and include annotations that contain further building instructions. The system also allows you to create personalized user interfaces through backend coding for a more efficient 3D modeling work experience.
MicroStation is available for installation on Windows machines.
Who Uses MicroStation?
This program is used by organizations in construction, manufacturing, architecture, engineering, ship building, transportation, highway design, and education.
- CAD software: A robust set of CAD drafting tools help you create high-quality 3D models of your construction projects. It comes with a series of practical features like annotations that provide specific construction instructions, such as the materials or specific hardware required for the job at hand.
- Automated CAD workflows: A series of automated features offer a more streamlined 3D drafting workflow. The system double-checks your finished drawings for details such as dimensions, lines, and symbols, ensuring compliance with various building standards and practices.
- Models: You can make your models as detailed as you’d like with the system’s comprehensive 3D parametric modeling capabilities. The program enables you to create life-like physical models with realistic surfaces and textures, allowing you to preview what builds will look like before you break ground on your next project.
- Personalized workflow: The system gives you the power to customize and optimize the interface to work for you. It supports tools such as Microsoft (VBA), .NET, and C++ programming languages, allowing you to personalize the product’s backend code to create a suitable work environment that’s tailored to your particular needs. Overall, the program helps you mitigate inefficiency and keep your budgets and schedules organized and on time.
- Work together: MicroStation helps you collaborate with your employees in real-time. Team members can share live 2D drawings and 3D CAD builds as they are created, so everyone can collaborate and discuss details of each project immediately to maximum efficiency.
The vendor has two plans for this program: MicroStation and MicroStation PowerDraft. They are available for 12-month licensing periods; more information can be found via the website. You can also contact the vendor concerning any questions you may have about the product or take advantage of their free trial.
MicroStation provides a powerful 3D modeling platform that gives you the power to create detailed models of upcoming builds and projects, but is it right for you?