Modo is a 3D modeling software product that delivers a complete modeling and animation workflow. It is equipped with tools for direct modeling, procedural modeling, and brush-supported sculpting to fine-tune your models. The system comes with a comprehensive animation and rigging feature to bring your builds to life. In addition, a robust rendering engine lets you preview scenes before you commit to any time-consuming renders.
Modo can be installed on Windows, Apple, and Linux machines.
Who Uses Modo?
Businesses of every size use Modo in a wide array of industries such as engineering, video game production, animation, filmmaking, media production, art, furniture design, manufacturing, performing arts, and architecture.
- Modeling: The vendor provides users with robust features, including direct modeling, procedural modeling, and brush-based sculpting, to model and revise your build down to the finest detail.
- Texturing: Modo comes with a practical texturing feature that relieves the workload of UV wrapping. It is equipped with automated workflows that help you wrap your polygon models with the textures required to fully realize your artistic vision.
- Animation and rigging: Modo enables you to bring your scenes to life with a practical animation toolkit. Keyframe animation tools help you establish the main beats of your scene, while non-destructive rigging capacities allow you to link nodes together for a more unified and natural animation experience.
- Rendering: A powerful rendering engine gives you the power to preview your work in near-final quality so that you can accurately predict how it will turn out before committing to a time-consuming rendering operation.
- Shading: A series of drag-and-drop shading tools enable you to light and shade your scenes as you see fit. It comes with flexible, layer-based lighting tools that help you create the exact mood that your setting requires through comprehensive shading capabilities.
- Effects: Modo takes your scenes to the next level with a dynamic effects toolkit. You can add particles such as fire and sparks or weather elements like snow and rain. It comes with a valuable tool that generates realistic hair and fur, as well as a diverse array of camera and projection tools that provide you with whatever visual style is required for the project at hand.
- Customizable: Modo enables you to expand the software’s scope of operation through comprehensive application programming interface (API) support. You can program the back-end code to create a more unified workflow through external software integrations and establish automated functions that help save time and money.
The product has Individual, Educational, Business, and custom Enterprise plans available. It’s worth mentioning that there are also a variety of add-ons offered for an additional cost. You can visit the website for more detailed information about the product and pricing or contact the vendor with any specific questions you may have. They also offer a free 30-day trial to new users.
Modo delivers a fully-featured 3D modeling toolkit that allows you to model, texture, and animate your work in order to bring it to life. Overall, Modo is a complete 3D modeling software solution that is likely worth your consideration.
Is Modo Worth It?
This software system provides users with virtually every tool necessary to create detailed, visually stunning 3D scenes. It allows you to model your polygons as you see fit and comes with a practical texturing feature that delivers a more streamlined UV-wrapping workflow. The program also includes dynamic shading effects, a wide range of cameras, and the ability to preview scenes before committing to long rendering processes. If you’re looking for one of the fastest modeling toolsets on the market today that utilizes various features to get the job done, Modo should suit most of your needs.