ZW3D is one of the modern examples of intrepid developers trying to make 3D modeling software more accessible to people, without compromising the power of high-end CAD technology. 3D software is generally very difficult to work with, especially technology based around industrial and prototyping applications, like what this 3D creator app can do.
- Intuitive Editing – ZW3D is designed to make editing 3D geometry simple and comprehensive. Editing 3D meshes and component configuration is usually tremendously difficult in other, standard 3D applications—especially ones designed around prototypes and engineering. This one offers a direct click, drag and manipulation concept pioneered by simpler programs famously used for 3D maps and architecture. If you can work with basic 2D editing stuff, then you can take right to this, once you get used to the idea of a Z axis.
- Assembly Mentality – This program is designed with assembly in mind, letting you model components, assign properties, and even animate and test assembly of components along with mechanical interoperability.
- Library Design – Design component libraries and use them as a kit for faster design. This makes upgrades and revisions of projects so much easier. When you don’t have to start from the ground up, you can make sure you’re backwards-compatible and enforcing standards and specifications across the board.
- Sketch Editing – Use a sketch-based system to design your layout and proportions. If you’re used to 2D design at all, you can move right into 3D from the start. This makes it so much easier to get your design phase complete, and move to practical things.
- Mold Management – ZW3D can help you design and manage molds for manufacturing. This used to require a 3rd party service. Cut out the middle man for a faster, more affordable manufacturing process.
- Ease of Use– The ultimate goal of ZW3D is to bring ease of use to small businesses, without sacrificing the power and capacity of advanced CAD applications.
- CAM Features – Move right from design to manufacturing, not just through mold management, but also on the machine end, with advanced CAM features. With comprehensive programming, flow, and testing, you can know your assembly and manufacturing will work, before you deploy the process.
- Excellent Support – ZWSoft wants to offer comprehensive support, to help you get the most out of this system, and excel beyond your wildest dreams. They understand that even with the ease of use their software provides, you still need guidance and help. 3D is a big leap, and something that most people don’t inherently think in, when it comes to design and art.
- Early-In Betas – Get in on beta features, with the same attentive support. Whenever ZW3D gets a new innovation, you can experience it for yourself before it’s even out of candidate stage. You can help improve this program, and get used to new features before they’re declared standard. Stay on top and ahead, with this program.
- Fast – This application takes advantage of GL and Vulkan 3D libraries, making the interface and rendering so much faster and more responsive, so long as you have the GPU to back it up.
ZW3D doesn’t list their prices nor plans, so clients will need to contact the company directly for more information. Reportedly, this is very reasonably-priced, but as usual, it’s entirely hearsay if the company doesn’t list it.
However, given they’re focused on empowering small businesses, you can expect it to not be absurdly priced.