PDFCreator is a PDF program that offers a rich creation experience that is absolutely free to use.
Combining the best features of rich text formats with graphical presentation conventions, PDF has become the go-to for brochures, multimedia documents, and even e-books and other large, professional documents. Its semi-editable mode means that finished forms can still be filled out and signed, making submitting information so much easier in this modern, paperless world.
- Compression – Excellent compression features help keep large documents small, preventing big data fees for mobile users and those with limited space or bandwidth. PDFCreator offers lossless compression.
- Merging - Merge documents together for easy updates, addendums and appendixes. This is another thing a lot of programs don’t do well.
- Script Options – Work with HTML, CSS, XML, Json and other script formats easily. This makes it easy to convert older designs or web designs into a portable format while preserving their integrity and look.
- Encryption – Encrypt documents so they can’t be easily edited by others, which provides a lot of additional security for your documents. This basically prevents document vandalism—something difficult to ensure. It does mean that both the sender and receiver need this application in order to work with this decryption, sacrificing some of the universal compatibility of PDF, but that’s a small price to pay.
- Conversion – This PDF converter accepts various formats such as word processor types, rich text formats, websites, PSD, SVG and other complex structures easily, and accurately.
- Resizing – Resize elements dynamically, with attractive scaling and smart margins, preventing the layouts from breaking.
- Automation – Automate the conversion processes, the generation of dynamic data, and much more.
- Active Directory – Implement an active directory system for advanced structuring.
- Standard Interfacing – Fully compliant with COM interface sets commonly used with PDF, making it workable with advanced tools in your set.
- Profiles – Manage settings and various projects in parallel, thanks to the multiple profiles supported by this software.
- Open Source – Open source means that, with a little elbow grease and know-how, you can customize this to your needs very strictly, and effectively.
This PDF creator program is available for free, as one of the three tiers is free and open-source. If you want support and advanced features (and don’t want to implement them yourself), you’ll have to shell out a price for Plus or Business tiers. To be honest, the free version will serve your purposes just fine across the board.