PDF-XChange is an example of an affordable, updated, and well-supported PDF software that can do more than just view files. PDF software can provide variable resolutions, embedded fonts, embedded images, and even “hyperlinks” to navigate within the documents. It’s usually standard across platforms, due to being of a 3rd party origin. This ensures that any PDF document will look identical in any viewer that complies with its standard—this includes browsers. However, all modern businesses require more than a simple PDF viewer in today’s paperless world.
This software features two products: PDF-XChange Editor, and the improved PDF reader software, PDF-XChange Viewer.
Let’s take a look at PDF-XChange and see why this one stands out in a sea of 3rd party PDF integrations and applications.
- Scanning – Scan documents, images, and other sources directly into your PDF, reducing the conversion and steps involved in creating attractive multimedia PDFs. You don’t need intermediary graphic design applications to step through this process, which can’t be said for most PDF software out there. The accuracy of the scans is exquisitely powerful thanks to intuitive OCR technologies being used.
- Annotation – Annotate elements in the document with ease, either during creation or afterward, depending on the editing permissions given during export. This allows for editable text as well, meaning you can create forms that can be filled out, and the data will be stored inside. Create forms to be filled out digitally, with no need for word processing or editing.
- Versioning – Version control is a focal point of this software, as it can track updates and identify previous versions, and even update them smoothly and without corruption. This kind of automation goes a long way towards simplifying things.
- Digital Signature – This PDF program provides high-security protocols to sign and verify documents. This is something that’s growing in importance in recent years, and is rapidly becoming a standard in the PDF industry.
- Intuitive Markdown – Intuitive markdown features make simplification and correction easier than ever, and can be even more powerful than some word processor tools on the market.
- Multilingual Support – Working with a language other than English? This program makes it easy to work with many different languages with no struggle.
- Import/Export – Easily import all sorts of data sources including images, various text formats—even HTML—and export them as a solid, professional PDF.
- Intuitive Reader and Editor – Users have access to both PDF-XChange Editor and PDF-XChange Viewer. Between the two, advanced encryption is possible, and additional features such as higher resolution viewing and interaction allow you to get even more out of the PDF format.
PDF-XChange Editor offers two simple editions: Regular, and Plus. PDF-XChange Viewer is also offered in both Regular, and Pro versions. You can download the Regular versions for free, but the Pro versions cost a one-time fee for additional features. These products are very affordable, and this makes it suitable for small and medium businesses.