ACTS is free, volunteer-run accounting software designed for churches of all denominations. It features a suite of web-based modules. This software has end-to-end accounting functionalities that help reduce complicated administrative work, so you can focus on taking care of your congregation.
Who Uses ACTS?
Churches of all sizes use ACTS free accounting software across the world.
- Accounting: Manage your organization’s finance department from a single source with the accounting module. ACTS provides financial statements such as profit and loss reports and balance sheets to cultivate a healthy bottom line. You can input streams of income, such as donation data for comprehensive financial management. ACTS is integrated with Excel and allows for the importation of spreadsheets and documents into the software. It eliminates the need for redundant re-entering of information. You can also establish debit and credit accounts and format end of year statements.
- Multi-users: The software supports multiple users, so various members of the church are able to access the database as required. You can group users with different permissions in order to streamline assigned tasks based on departments. This will allow you to delegate tasks and disperse workloads.
- Open source: The open-source structure of the software allows you to customize it according to your organization’s specific needs. If you or a member of your organization is familiar with coding, you will be able to add features that can help to optimize the efficiency of the software.
- Community: ACTS features an active online community for collaboration while using the software. The vendor advises that you begin using the system with at least a moderate understanding of computers. However, the developer’s forum features assistance through email. The volunteers who provide customer support for ACTS can aid with customization and can troubleshoot with you if you are experiencing problems. Changes to the program can be discussed, and you can also make suggestions about what you would like included in future versions of the product. This allows for the accelerated improvement of the software. Overall, the community feature empowers users to learn and develop the software according to their needs.
- Webtool: Webtool is an extension of the ACTS software and is included in the download package. It provides an additional dashboard where you can store detailed records of your congregation. You can streamline information such as membership data, check-in times, attendance, and room booking. This helps ensure that all of the information you need is accessible in one location. Webtool gives you a complete overview of membership and can help you make informed decisions going forward.
ACTS is an open-source software solution and is offered at no charge to the user. This accounting system gives you the ability to tailor the software to your specific needs. The software is licensed under the General Public Use (GPL) license. For more information or to download the software, you can visit their website.
If you are the manager of a church looking for a modular and free open source financial management software, ACTS should fulfill the majority of your organization’s accounting needs.