FrontAccounting is web-based, open-source accounting software with enterprise resource planning (ERP) capabilities. This solution automates functions such as purchasing, accounts receivable, and journal entries. It features a suite of modules that streamline your organization’s accounting and logistics needs. FrontAccounting is available in several languages and supports the use of multiple currencies. It is available as a Software as a Service (SaaS).
Who Uses FrontAccounting?
FrontAccounting is designed for small businesses. It is currently used in various industries, such as accounting, manufacturing, and reselling.
- General ledger (GL): The built-in GL helps to manage all of your financial transactions from one location. Drill down capabilities allow you to access information for every transaction. You can save time with the quick-entry function in the GL for items such as bank/deposit payments, journal entries, and supplier invoices to simplify the process. These features provide you with an extensive overview of your finances, which helps ensure the financial health of your organization.
- Forum: An active community forum of over 5,000 users gives you the opportunity to discuss ways in which FrontAccounting can be optimized for use. Installation and setup forums help you begin using the software. There are also forums for specific modules, such as fixed assets and manufacturing, which you can utilize to ask questions to experienced customers. Users with coding knowledge can assist you with the customization of the program. This space allows you to troubleshoot problems and make the most of the software.
- Inventory: Record stock items, define item categories, and set locations using the comprehensive inventory and stock module. Calculate the average cost of products per unit and apply standard and overhead costs to material prices. You can also set re-order levels for inventory items, which will automate replenishment to avoid time-consuming and costly outages in your warehouse.
- Manufacturing: Use this feature to generate and modify your bill of materials (BoM) and work order entries. Tailor this module to include advanced production and assembly features as well.
- Customization: Since FrontAccounting is open-source software, those with coding knowledge are able to customize the product to their needs. You can modify themes and extensions to make sure that the software is providing you with a complete solution.
- Dashboard: FrontAccounting has comprehensive dashboards that present information in an easy to understand format. The dashboard displays data such as purchases, items and inventory, and fixed assets that give a visual overview of key business indicators (KPIs). These allow you to make informed and data-driven decisions about your business.
FrontAccounting is a non-profit company. This software is available for download free of charge, or by donation, under the GNU General Public License. It is open-source software, meaning you are able to customize the software to your organization’s needs.
If you are the manager of a small organization looking for an affordable and customizable accounting and ERP software solution, FrontAccounting should suit the majority of your organization’s needs.