WinCAMS is a government cost accounting system designed to handle the complexities of local administrative tasks. It has a variety of modules and features to manage financial functions within business operations.
Who Uses WinCAMS?
WinCAMS is best suited for local, city, and county agencies. It is web-based, which allows users to access this public works solution from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Administration and fiscal: This feature gives users the capacity to input and manage data across various functions.
- Materials inventory: Manage your quantities on hand, assess average unit cost, and keep tabs on receipts. It will automatically allocate any issues into the appropriate category. You can correct and adjust entries, as well as review vendor purchases and inventory transfers.
- Timecards/ crew sheets: Capture employee timecards and ensure data integrity by validating each entry. The software will generate reports that are as accurate as the information that has been entered. The app will also help track and identify any inconsistencies and errors in employee records.
- Accounts payable: This feature allows you to process purchase orders and vendor invoices from one dedicated data entry screen. Track all outstanding contracts and view expenditures and balances to monitor your current budget. Any detailed costs that are entered will be distributed to various appropriate ledgers within the dashboard.
- Fixed assets: Track and report general asset information from this dashboard. View their current location and comments for each identified asset.
- Project/ work order ledger: Authorized projects can be managed across multiple fiscal years. You can also follow project reimbursements, appropriations, and expenditures with ease.
- Loans portfolio: Information like a client's name and contact information, fund sources, and loan information categories can be tracked with this function.
- Public facility funds: When property owners in areas of new development are required to pay a share of infrastructure investments, this feature tracks revenues and expenses. It also allows a special journal program to record expenditures, as well as fee and interest incomes.
- Development services revenues: Specific revenue categories like permit counts, amounts, and refunds are tracked by calendar month. Reports are generated at the end of each accounting period, they show information such as permit activity and total collected revenues which can be distributed to multiple departments.
- Resource budget: This feature allows users to enter hours and costs for materials, equipment, and labor. WinCAMS also creates project appropriations entries to match the resource plan once a project budget is finalized.
- Vehicles and equipment: Manage your fleet by entering vehicle information and by keeping track of usage rates for motor billing procedures. Assess vehicle performance, usage rates, and depreciation. From this dashboard, you can also view repair order histories and information, including work performed, mechanic labor, and parts purchased.
- Operations and workflow: Maintain preventative maintenance schedules so you always stay on track towards your goals. The app provides you with sanitation and storm sewers information and a screen to record any charges against roads, bridges, or facilities. Track landfill usage and generate statements for bills as well.
- Facilities: This tool allows entries to be made for the building, department, and equipment master ledgers. Users can create and manage maintenance costs, service request forms, and warranties.
- Estimates, bids, and contracts: Estimates for new projects can contain contract line items for bid schedules and unit costs. Bids are combined with multiple estimates to generate a single bid schedule, you can then use the app to distribute those schedules. The built-in contract tools allow you to organize work schedules, as well as process payments and delivery tickets.
- Engineering: Utilize this project to create and manage day work journals and bid packages. You can estimate posts and develop your project scope on one screen. Engineers can also enjoy full integration with WinCAMS’s accounts payable module for claim and payment processing.
The vendor of this accounting software doesn’t offer any specific pricing information online. For more information about the product or to receive a demo, you can contact them via their website.
If you work in a smaller branch of the government and are looking for a comprehensive cost accounting management system, WinCAMS could be right for you.