Also known as 1099-Etc, AMS Payroll is a specialized payroll program by Advanced Micro Solutions and was created as a complement for their W-2/1099 Forms Filer solution. This software is a simple payroll program for small businesses. Designed to handle all the necessary details of paying your employees, AMS Payroll is available in different iterations for different industries. The specific industry versions include all of the same functions but are tailored to the unique needs of their target industry.
Who Uses AMS Payroll?
AMS Payroll is used primarily by businesses of up to 9,999 employees in the United States. Specific industry versions available include options for restaurants, farms, caregivers, construction, church, and nonprofits. AMS Payroll is helpful to accountants but is primarily used in-house by managers of small businesses. That said, some users of AMS Payroll are independent accountants and payroll firms who market their services to small businesses.
AMS Payroll Features
AMS Payroll can be installed on your local network as well as on multiple PCs. In addition to supporting up to 9,999 employees, AMS Payroll supports up to 1,999 payers. Processing payroll is straightforward and it can seamlessly process both Live and After-The-Fact Payroll, something you don't see with every payroll software option. Here are some of the most important features of AMS Payroll:
- Straightforward setup: For both employer and employee, the setup process is streamlined and straightforward. User-defined fields allow you to specify parameters like deductions and additions such as 401K or health insurance.
- Automatic calculations: Federal, state, and local payroll taxes are calculated automatically. Relevant tax tables are included and updated automatically so there will be no big surprises come tax time.
- Payment options: Based on employee preference, AMS Payroll can print checks and automatically handle direct deposit. Multiple check types are supported.
- Payroll reporting: A variety of Federal and state payroll forms are supported and the reporting process can be fully automated with forms filed automatically on your behalf. Other reporting features include a Certified Payroll report and client letters.
- Integrations: Payroll isn't an island and good payroll software makes sure integrations are smooth. Supported integrations include common accounting software and spreadsheet programs. Seamless integration ensures that you have access to the data you need when and where you need it.
- Tailored industry features: One of AMS Payroll’s major advantages is the specific tailoring of its software. The benefit of software that is customized to the unique challenges of the industry cannot be overstated. For example, tailoring AMS to the restaurant industry ensures the app takes into account specifics like tips, delivery and related costs, and the potential of cross-training in restaurant workers with payroll differences. Other specific industry AMS Payroll solutions are available for farms, nannies, caregivers, construction companies, churches, and nonprofits.
- Module interaction: Because AMS Payroll is an add-on module to the AMS 1099 forms software, module interaction is important and efficient. The two modules will communicate with one another with just a few clicks. AMS Payroll will also interact smoothly with other AMS add-on modules.
AMS Payroll Pricing
You get complete pricing transparency with AMS Payroll. A flat price will get you the module so you can use the payroll software. After that, as with just about every payroll program for small business, there are small fees for running payroll based on the number of the employees you have. There are no hidden costs with AMS Payroll and you won't have to pay an annual subscription fee to use it.
Advanced Micro Solutions seems to understand the heart of why businesses are looking for payroll software. They prioritize ease of use, simple setup, automatic calculations, and simplified tax filing. AMS Payroll fits this bill perfectly. With AMS Payroll, you get affordable, user-friendly payroll software with accurate and automatic tax calculations, plenty of customization options, and even features tailored to your specific industry.