Small businesses need a lightweight, easy-to-use payroll management system, and CHIPS performs this task well. The CHIPS fund payroll software, or CompreHensive Integrated Payroll System, is designed as a companion application to the BUCS payroll management software and cannot be purchased as a standalone application.
CHIPS gives you many of the best features of other payroll solutions inside an intuitive user interface. CHIPS is completely customizable; it allows you to use only the modules that best suit your business needs, which reduces confusion caused by unneeded features you don't need. CHIPS can also generate standard-time transactions automatically, saving you valuable time and money on bookkeeping expenses.
Who Uses CHIPS?
The CHIPS system is a payroll software for small business. From the user interface, you can manage fund distributions, calculate FICA tax withholdings, create a professional general ledger, manage multiple departments, manage retirement packages, and much more. The software uses an ODBC interface, which is a type of interface used in SQL database management. This makes data entry and management quick and easy.
Here are some of the key features of CHIPS:
- ODBC interface: ODBC (Open DataBase Connectivity) is a standard interface used in SQL databases. This gives you the power to import your data from any database that uses SQL connections such as Microsoft Access, Oracle, MySQL, and so on. ODBC interfaces also work between operating systems.
- Real-time updates: CHIPS performs updates in real time, allowing you to work with the software while updates take place without noticeable delays in the update process.
- HR modules: Human Resources modules allow you to track and manage staff changes, set up training tasks, and other administrative tasks such as overtime pay and wage garnishments.
- Security controls: You get a package of intuitive security controls designed to prevent database tampering, assign access to multiple users, control who has access to which features or modules, set passwords, and more.
- Online documentation: Find the help you're looking for in a detailed user guide designed to help in usage or troubleshooting of the CHIPS payroll software.
- ACH Modules: CHIPS comes with ACH modules that can electronically create the transactions necessary for direct-depositing paychecks into employees' bank accounts.
- Time clock interface: With this module, you can connect the CHIPS payroll system with your time clock, allowing you to automatically log hours worked, punch data, and so on.
CHIPS pricing is based on the number of concurrent users. Clients will need to contact Donald R. Frey & Company to gather more information on pricing.
CHIPS gives excellent flexibility in a small, user-friendly package. The software has many different modules dedicated to specific tasks. Donald R. Frey & Company combines the best features of other payroll solutions with a sleek, easy-to-use interface.