Medlin Payroll Software gives managers the freedom to print checks and manage payroll taxes without having to file any physical paperwork. The software retains all data that's entered into it, so you'll never have to worry about losing important payment details.
Who Uses Medlin Payroll Software?
Since Medlin is extremely flexible, it can meet the needs of almost any small or medium-sized business. Some have even referred to it as the best payroll system for small business owners. It's also suitable for those who manage non-profits, religious organizations, and fraternities. Users can install the payroll software on any modern Windows-based PC and run it as a standalone app, so they won't even have to worry about any networking requirements.
Medlin Payroll Software Features
- Automatic calculations: The app will take care of all the relevant calculations for you, which means you'll never have to risk making a math error again.
- Built-in reckoning: While Medicare and Social Security taxes are often complicated, the app's onboard calculations module can make short work of them. It can even tell you how much required paid time off each employee is owed under current labor laws.
- Document printing: Managers can print pay stubs and checks right from the app. Medlin uses the default Windows print dialog, so you won't have to waste time learning how to make hard copies of these vital documents.
- Direct deposit: By using the app's built-in direct deposit module, you can completely eliminate any traces of traditional paperwork. Your employees will find their checks instantly deposited in their checking accounts as soon as payday rolls around.
- Kotapay support: Companies that don't have a payroll partner can still manage direct deposit transactions with Medlin's Kotapay integration. Since Kotapay remains a dedicated partner of the developer, it's easy to get started with the service without ever having to leave the app.
- Manual fulfillment: Companies that are required to use traditional handwritten checks can enter each one into the system and print pay stubs on top of them. This can help to streamline even the most laborious of workflows.
- Sample checks: If you're confused about whether you're filing all of your virtual paperwork the right way, then you can take a look at Medlin's sample checks and pay stubs for some guidance. The app also comes with a collection of documents that should help new managers learn solid payroll practices.
- Tax reporting: All it takes to generate detailed reports with Medlin is a single click. These reports can be used for analytic purposes as well as to fulfill state and federal tax laws. The app comes with modules designed to withhold state taxes for most states that collect these. Those who run businesses in states that don't collect income tax can still rely on the software to give them up-to-date real-time information.
- W-2 and W-3 forms: Users can generate IRS forms from the app's reporting tab. They can then either print these or transfer them online using the E-File system.
- Midyear transfers: Companies that need to compile their payroll in the middle of the current fiscal year can import data at any time.
- Alerts: The software will send out an alert whenever you change employee information or have to send out new tax forms. You'll know right away if you're at risk of violating reporting guidelines.
Medlin Payroll Software Pricing
Subscribers are charged an annual flat rate for each tax year they use the product. There are no monthly fees or per-employee charges to deal with. New users can download a free trial version from the developer's site.
Small business owners who want to manage taxes and wages with a single app should definitely take a look at Medlin's flagship payroll computer software product.