Quickbooks Payroll was developed by Intuit Inc. to streamline your payroll and human resources (HR) departments. The software also helps you handle employee services such as health benefits and workers’ comp.
Who Uses Quickbooks Payroll?
Quickbooks Payroll is mostly used by small businesses. However, there are also some midsize and growing organizations using it. This solution is not targeted at any specific industry. The software is popular amongst those who were already using other Quickbooks software, as it integrates seamlessly with their existing solutions. Quickbooks Payroll is based in the United States and is designed to fit the particular needs of American businesses, but there are international versions available as well.
Quickbooks Payroll Features
- Payroll: After you finish the initial payroll setup, the process is automated. Auto payroll makes sure your employees are paid accurately and on time.
- Direct deposit: While a check printing functionality is available, many employees today prefer direct deposit. Quickbooks can process next-day or same-day transfers.
- Taxes: The software will calculate, file, and pay your payroll taxes automatically. For peace of mind, you also get tax penalty protection which will reimburse any potential penalty or interest cost.
- Expert review: If you're intimidated by the idea of running your own payroll, there is a support team ready to help you. Experts will review your payroll setup or even do it for you. When needed, you can count on step-by-step assistance from experts.
- HR guidance: This feature is ready to help you with related issues beyond payroll. You are able to access resources and get guidance on topics like compliance and hiring best practices.
- Benefits and workers' Comp: Quickbooks Payroll has tools for managing employee health benefits. Workers' comp administration is also included with certain Quickbooks Payroll packages.
- Integration: Quickbooks Payroll offers straightforward integration with other platforms and software. While smooth integration with other Quickbooks software is a given, it also seamlessly connects with your bank and a variety of third-party providers.
Quickbooks Payroll Pricing
The vendor offers three pricing tiers: Core, Premium, and Elite. You can choose which one of these packages best suits your business needs. They also offer add-ons for accounting, set-up assistance, and project management. Each tier has a flat monthly subscription fee plus an additional charge per employee. Intuit offers a free 30-day trial. For more information on this software or pricing, you can contact them via their website.
If you are the manager of a growing business and are looking to find the best payroll system for small business owners, Quickbooks should suit all of your needs.