Designed specifically for Canadian businesses, Rise is a total payroll and HR software solution. By combining human resources software and payroll software, this all-in-one tool aims to simplify the process of managing your business.
Who uses Rise?
Canadian businesses of all sizes are well-served by Rise but it may be particularly valuable for small businesses. The best payroll for small business is easy to use, efficient, and effective—Rise certainly fits the bill. Calculating, filing, and paying payroll taxes can be a pain but Rise strives to make it easy.
Like a lot of payroll and HR software for small companies, Rise is able to grow with you so it's also a good fit for businesses just starting out who hope to see significant growth. Rise is easy enough for any employee to use so for small businesses and startups where employees have to multitask, Rise offers great accessibility and ease of use. More experienced HR professionals, accountants, and bookkeepers will be able to hit the ground running with Rise.
Anyone who has previously used any kind of online payroll or benefits administration software should be able to catch on to the Rise system quickly.
As an all-in-one solution for HR and payroll, Rise offers a selection of valuable tools including the following:
- Straightforward Timekeeping Tools: Keeping a good record of employee attendance and hours can be challenging, but the automated Rise system aims to simplify that process. Automation means automatic syncing between hours worked and payroll. This keeps employees happy while also making your job easier. Rise also helps you track labor costs, enforce leave exceptions, and maintain compliance and payroll accuracy.
- Simple Compliance Tools: Rise means that you don't have to think about compliance at all because you can trust that things are working exactly the way they are supposed to. Automation means that calculating, filing, and paying payroll taxes happens without fail. It also means you can achieve 100% compliance for vacation, over-time, and statutory holiday pay.
- Powerful Reporting: Analyzing past performance and accurate forecasting are important features. Rise provides powerful reporting tools to make that possible. You are offered the flexibility of seeing both the big pictures and all of the little details. Unlimited and perfectly customized reports can help inform best practices and support strategic planning.
- Flexible Payroll: Payroll software that is rigid isn't fun for anyone. Rise offers total flexibility for paying both employees and contractors. Automation is available and easy to manage but it's also simple to make off-cycle payments, give bonuses, or cancel a pay run. You can pay employees at any time and as frequently as you need to. Being able to do this without figuring out taxes is particularly nice. For employees, the payroll flexibility extends to a split payment option where the employee can opt to have their paycheck split up between several bank accounts.
- Simple Taxes:Rise is able to automatically calculate and remit provincial and federal statutory deductions, making taxes simpler than ever. Once you create a formula to handle a deduction and other details, you don't have to think about it again.
- Benefits Reconciliation:With automatic monthly benefits reconciliation, Rise makes sure your books stay in balance and are always up to date.
The best payroll for small business is affordable and Rise definitely offers affordability. In fact, the Rise payroll software is completely free for businesses with 20 employees or less. That said, the free version does have some limitations. This option is only the payroll calculator so no HR tools are included. Additionally, much of the automation isn't included so there will be some manual data entry with the free version.
For businesses looking for more robust HR plus online payroll tools, Rise does offer a free demo to get an idea of what the software is like. After that, there is a monthly fee based on the number of employees.