Square Payroll is a dynamic payroll software product that ensures employees are accurately paid for their hard work. The program provides time tracking functionalities with personal timecards for each team member and multiple types of payments to compensate them. It comes with full integrations with external accounting and timekeeping software products, and includes automatic tax filings that ensure compliance with all applicable tax codes.
Square Payroll is available as software as a service (SaaS) and on Android and iOS mobile devices. Please note that Square Payroll is offered as a standalone program and part of the Square Team Management software suite.
Who Uses Square Payroll?
Small business owners and midsize organizations in various industries use the program, including software development, hospitality, retail, and legal services.
Square Payroll Features
- Time tracking: The software allows you to appropriately pay your employees with a practical time tracking feature. It provides each team member with their own timecard and even automates overtime calculations.
- Dynamic payments: You can pay your employees in various ways like direct deposits, physical paychecks, and through the peer-to-peer money transfer application Cash App.
- Automated tax filings: The product provides peace of mind with automatic tax filing capabilities. It calculates the correct amount of tax to be withheld from every payroll that you run and files your quarterly and annual returns on your behalf; this ensures that you remain fully compliant with your local tax rules and regulations.
- Worker’s comp insurance support: With support for automatic worker’s compensation calculations, you’re able to make sure that any employees who have been injured on the job are attended to and appropriately compensated.
- Employee benefits: The software consistently and accurately makes all relevant deductions by automatically syncing benefits like healthcare and retirement plans with your payroll.
- Integrations: Square Payroll comes fully integrated with QuickBooks accounting software, as well as various external timeclock software providers; this means that you’re able to combine different work environments into a single workspace, which promotes an efficient and precise workflow.
Square Payroll Pricing
The vendor offers two plans for the software solution: employees and contractors and solely contractors. The employees/contractor plan is available for a flat monthly rate plus a fee for every person on your payroll; the contractor plan does not require the monthly fee and is charged by per-person paid. You can lease the software with no annual commitment and no hidden fees. More information can be found on the vendor’s website.
If your business is looking for a payroll software solution that comes with robust tax filing capabilities, Square Payroll could be right for you.