iContact Email Marketing is a newer email marketing solution targeting small and medium businesses, though it is capable of scaling up—though perhaps not as well as some other competitors.
It takes a more holistic approach, being designed to work directly with and alongside Salesforce CRM, which means its deployment tends to be smart, very targeted and relevant. This means that, theoretically, mail jobs turning into unintentional spam shouldn’t be able to happen thanks to this focus on organically integrating with one of the more popular CRM solutions out there.
However, while most have heard of some of the other big names in this sector, what does iContact offer that makes it stand out? One word: automation. Sure, automation of some sort is common among most such solutions, but, following its friend Salesforce’s example, iContact takes it to a whole new, smart level not seen before.
- Drag-and-Drop Editor – The drag-and-drop editor can allow the creation of brilliant templates that drive conversion, deliver information with UX best practices and help to brand the communications properly.
- A/B Test Splitting – This is an often undervalued feature, allowing comparative testing to see which groups of emails are more successful and outreaching to target customers. This is a metric that, once worked with, becomes invaluable for a successful campaign.
- Audience Segmentation – Create specific groups with relational linkage to get the right outreach to the right people seamlessly—no more shouting in the dark.
- Performance Reporting – Track your campaigns, see full logistics spreads and diagnose things on the fly, turning languishing campaigns into successes.
- Multi-User Accessibility – Unlimited users means collaboration is innate to the design of this app.
- Subscriber Management – When a user is beyond cold calls, they merely become a wasted task. Automated subscriber management cleans, curates and grows your subscribers.
- API Integration – Exposed API means your other enterprise solutions can be tied in with iContact easily, and extensions can be readily developed for the platform, such as the LiveChat iContact integration. This can increase newsletter signup through pre-chat surveys.
- Salesforce Integration – Tie iContact directly into Salesforce, giving it access to comprehensive leads, contact databases and complete synchronization. Your entire customer presence will become one dynamic machine.
iContact offers two plans: Essential and Professional. Professional brings in triggered messages, landing pages, engagement tracking, social monitoring and other nonessential conveniences that go a long way to solidifying your brand and enriching your metrics. However, Professional is expensive, and the above rich feature set is readily available with the far more reasonably-priced Essential plan.